Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving...

Did you know that Thanksgiving is my FAVORITE holiday?


Well if you didn't know, now you do! Today was a good day. I had a lot of fun with my family and ate lots stuffing (one of my favorite foods by the way). I think one thing I did not do is reflect on how thankful I am. One of the things I am most thankful for is my family. My family really really really loves me. I got to surprise my brother when I came home on Friday. He didn't know that I was coming home, he didn't think the was going to see me until Christmas! But i showed up at the house and he was so happy and so surprised! He grabbed onto me and didn't want to let go. I love that kid more than anything in this world, I would do anything for him. Then on Sunday I went to see my Dad and Angie. My Dad really missed me this semester!!!!!! He told me that he had a rough time and he missed me a lot!!! That right there gosh I don't know how to describe the feeling, if you knew about my past you would understand more I think. Just know that it was a big deal to me! Today I saw my other Grandma (Dad's mom) and she was sooo happy to see me! She didn't know I was coming and when she hugged my dad she told him thank you for bringing her a surprise! I had a great talk with her about my major and what I do, I think she understand it a little bit better now. OH and my cousin (jeffery, who is 13) came running down the drive way to give me a hug! That was pretty awesome, it made me feel good. Things are different this time being at home. Maybe it is because I am graduating soon, but I just feel older and just not like a little kid anymore. After dinner at Grandma Betty's I went to Aunt Annettes! MY FAVORITE SIDE OF THE FAMILY i think. I love them so much, and they are such good scencere people, and I am not a blood relative of theirs, I am just a step child, but it has never been like that with them. They have loved me like i was their own from the moment I was born. I love my step mom, we have great conversations and she really supporst any decision I make. For some people, if anyone reads it, you might not understand or all this might not seem like a big deal that it is just how families are. Just know that all of this, for many reasons, is a big deal to me!!! This was the first thanksgiving without uncle Greg. My Aunt only cried once, and it was hard to see, I wasn't sure what to do. I knwo that he and I weren't super close but I miss him, and I was really sad to not see him there today. It was just so strange, I do miss him a lot.

Other than family I am thankful for my wonderful Friends. I have great friends that love me, and I dont know what I would do without them. I am also thankful for this year, it has been wonderful, amazing, filled with everything I would want in a senior year. I am thankful for my best friend. BOBE! who is my female soul mate and I love her to death. She understands me and that is what makes her so amazing, because I dont even have to say anything, and she just knows!!! Most of all what I am greatful for, is God, and what he has done in my life. It is amazing to be continually blessed by him, and I am so thankful for it.

I guess thats all for now.


its all about love... jes.

No comments: